***IN STOCK READY TO SHIP!***
NOTE: Walnut blasting is an advanced maintenance procedure and when done incorrectly can cause damage to your engine. We always recommend having your car worked on by trained and knowledgable technicians.
Subie Bros is excited to introduce the first ever Walnut Blasting Valve Cleaning Kit for the FA20DIT Engine. This kit will help you complete an intake valve cleaning service using a media blaster and fine grit walnut shell media.
This kit includes:
- Subie Bros Intake Valve Cleaning Adapter Made With High Strength Nylon Plastic
- Media Blasting Wand (with 1/4" NPT)
- Rubber Stopper Plug
- Adapter Lockdown Bolt
- (Optional) 1/4" NPT Thread Adapter Installed on Wand (This is required if you are using the suggested Harbor Freight Blaster)
NOTE: Harbor Freight recently revised their blasting gun, we are working on a new adapter to fit the revision. Please see the images to determine if you have the revised or original gun. The REVISED gun has the interior nozzle surrounded by metal with a slight gap around it, The ORIGINAL design has the interior nozzle that protrudes out from the back with nothing surrounding it.
To use this kit you will need:
- Media Blaster (What we used - CLICK HERE)
- Fine Grit Walnut Shell Media (What we used - CLICK HERE)
- Air Compressor (check your media blaster for specs needed)
- Shop Vac (and adapter if your hose is NOT 1.25 - 1.5" )
You can see an overview of the intake manifold removal process and also the procedure here: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2828928
The Subie Bros Intake Valve Cleaning Adapter mounts on top of the cylinder head on the intake valve port which is secured by the adapter lockdown bolt. You can then attach your shop vac and use the side ports in insert the media blaster wand attached to your media blaster and perform the walnut blasting service. You must make sure the valves are closed when using the kit.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov